Knee pain is one of the most common health problems we experience during our lifetime. The reason why we feel the pain is defect in the bony structure of the knee cap and knee joint.
Knee Pain Symptoms
- Swelling in the knee
- Sharp and dull pain in the knee joints
- Stiffness and reduced movement of the knee
- Difficulty in walking as a result of painful knee joints
- Inflammation in the affected knee area
Knee Pain Home Remedies
Knee pain affects your everyday life by causing difficulty in walking and uncomfortable pain in the joints in this area when doing ordinary activities like bending your legs, walking, or running. Luckily, you can solve this problem and significantly reduce or eliminate your knee pain without making a hole in your pocket.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar with Cold Water
The alkalizing properties of apple cider vinegar help decrease the debilitating pain in knees. It is able to dissolve the harmful toxins in the knee joints, and lubricate the joints, thus improving the mobility.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
Add the vinegar in the water, and stir well. Drink this solution once a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Hot Water
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- Hot water (hot bath)
Add APV in a bathtub filled with hot water, and stir well with your hands. Soak your knees in the water while still hot, for around half an hour. Do this once daily, for several days to lower your inner knee pain.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Mix both ingredients well and apply the mixture to the front and back area of the knee. Let it act for half an hour, and then wash your knees with clean water. In this way, you will relieve the pain you feel in the this area.
4. Turmeric and Ginger
The active compound in turmeric, curcumin, provides anti-inflammatory effects which effectively relieve inner and outer knee pain. This food is one of the most effective knee pain relievers.
- One and a half tablespoon of chopped ginger
- One and a half tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 drops of honey
- 1 cup of water
Add all ingredients in the water, and boil over a medium heat for ten minutes. Let it cool for around ten minutes, and strain. Drink the liquid immediately. Do this twice a day to eliminate your knee pain.
5. Turmeric with Milk
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 drops of honey
Add turmeric in the milk, and then honey for taste. Boil for five minutes, and then let it cool about 5-6 minutes. Drink once daily to eliminate your inner knee pain.
6. Cayenne Pepper with Olive Oil
The capsaicin in cayenne pepper creates warm sensation around the aching knee area, relieving the pain and reducing the swelling.
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- One and a half cups of olive oil
Prepare a paste by mixing these ingredients, and apply it on the painful knee area. Do this two times a day for a week-period to eliminate your knee pain that you feel when running.
Here are 16 additional tips to prevent and relieve the pain in the knees:
- You should rest the knees to treat the pain.
- You should do exercises that target the knee joints
- Avoid activities which strain your knees
- consume fruits and veggies rich in magnesium
- Apply a hot pad on the affected area to reduce pain and swelling
- You should not lift heavy objects
- Avoid or quit smoking, as this habit worsens the inflammation and decelerates the healing process.
- Massage the place to soothe the pain
- In the case of a knee injury, take proper care to prevent further complications
- You should walk for 15 minutes every day to exercise the leg muscles
- Always wear comfortable shoes
- You should not wear high heels
- You should not stand for a longer period of time since it will intensify the pain
- Apply frozen peas compress to treat severe pain in the knees
- Try to lose your extra pounds, as they apply more pressure on your knees
- You should stay well-hydrated in order to improve the movements of the leg tissues