Kefir Fungus as Medicine
Kefir fungus originating from Caucasus for centuries has been prepared as healthy “beverage for longevity.” Its secret for hundreds of years was guarded by the local population. At the beginning of the 20 century kefir fungus has matured in other parts of the world.
WHAT IS KEFIR?
Kefir is a thick, liquid dairy beverage, sour and refreshing taste that is obtained by symbiosis between fungi and beneficial bacteria.
KEFIR’S EFFECT ON HEALTH
Past experience shows an extremely positive effect on total health and kefir as cure helps with many ailments.
KEFIR as a medicine for:
1. boost immunity
2. regulation of cholesterol
3. detoxification of the body
4. regulation of blood pressure
5. diseases of the stomach-gastritis and others.
6. soothe the intestines, promotes better digestion
7. liver disease – fatty liver, cirrhosis
8. kidney and gall bladder
9. kefir fungus is a natural antibiotic
10. respiratory diseases
11. insomnia, stress and anxiety
12. anemia and poor circulation
13. anti-Candida and other fungi and bacteria
14. helps with allergies
15. slows the development of malignancies
These are just some of the benefits, if kefir fungus is consumed every day.
HOW TO PREPARE KEFIR
From the very beginning it is important to say that the best kefir is the one prepared from homemade kefir known as domestic kefir. Industrial manufactured kefir does not give the same quality and our recommendation is to avoid it.
KEFIR FUNGUS PREPARATION
You need kefir grains and milk, which by tradition must not be prepared in metal containers with metal spoons because they can undo healthy effects of this miraculous medicinal beverage.
• For half a liter of beverage it will be enough 2 tablespoons of kefir grains and milk (cow, goat, sheep)
• Milk must not be hot and it does not matter whether is boiled or not.
• It is recommended that milk does not contain below 2.8% fat because the fattier it is the better kefir will turn out.
DOMESTIC KEFIR RECIPE:
• Pour the milk into a plastic or glass container
• Insert the kefir grains
• Cover it with a small saucer and leave to stand for 24 hours at room temperature (it is understood that the temperature does not exceed 30 degrees)
• Occasionally mix it because it will be quite jell.
• Strain through a small plastic colander, in a bottle and keep in the fridge.
• Kefir fungus then wash lukewarm water and leave in the fridge for up to 48 hours until the next use in cold water or milk.
• Kefir grains will multiply very quickly and it will allow you to get a larger quantity of beverage.
• This curative beverage you can drink every day, and for this purpose the general recommendation is that you start with 1dl a day and slowly increase the amount.
• If the kefir grains are used as therapy one can drink up to a liter of this beverage per day …
On the internet you will find at least 3-4 variants with kefir diet, what you shall not forget is that you consume only domestic kefir. Kefir fungus contains a low percentage of carbohydrates and is very useful and helpful in removing weight. Kefir diet is based on daily intake of 1 to 1.5 liters of beverage, with a kilo of apples for 7 days. Meals are equally distributed and should be consumed 5-6 times daily. This is only one of the variants of diets with kefir at which you should lose up to 5 kg for a week.
KEFIR FUNGUS SIDE EFFECTS
At the beginning of therapy kefir fungus can cause mild problems such as diarrhea and flatulence. It is just an adaptation of the digestive system to the new situation and problems usually do not persist long. Constipation can be easily regulated with the aforementioned beverage.