This delicious vegetarian stew that will knock your socks off!
It’s chocked full of healthy fats and loaded with nutrients. Comforting and hearty, it’s a stew that the whole family can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
It also has one of my favorite health foods, turmeric, which is especially high in curcumin.
Curcumin does some amazing things, it:
- fights inflammation
- improves digestion
- knocks down high fevers
- provides amazing pain relief.
And those are just a few of its many benefits.
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 organic onion, finely chopped
- 3 organic tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 organic head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup organic kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to sputter. Then add the onions and cook for another minute, and then, add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
- Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy! Leftover stew can be stored in air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.
Image Source: http://www.realfarmacy.com/stew-recipe/
source bare natural health