Most of the remedies for the fig leaves use the sap or the milk of the sacred tree. Fig tinctures or poultices should be used immediately and fresh batches made daily.
You’ll be amazed when we tell you that figs are one of the highest sources of fiber and calcium. Figs have antioxidants and a laxative effect on the body.
Figs contain fiber, magnesium, copper, manganese, calcium and vitamins A, B, C and K. Besides these vitamins, the figs also contain folic acid, sodium, and zinc. Figs are rich in potassium and fiber, helping to stabilize the blood pressure of the body.
The figs contain anti-diabetic and anti-tumor properties. They have calcium, potassium, and soluble fiber, which aids in the reduction of cholesterol.
Benefits of figs:
- Figs are rich in potassium and fiber, helping to stabilize the blood pressure of the body.
- Figs contain anti-diabetic and anti-tumor properties.
- They have calcium, potassium, and soluble fiber, which aids in the reduction of cholesterol.
- Figs promote good sleeping habits and protect the person against insomnia.
- They increase your energy, promote stronger bones, and are helpful in treating constipation, due to their laxative effect.
- If the fig-leaves are mashed, they can be used as a skin cleanser for acne and pimples.
- Figs lessen the acids in the stomach and therefore are great for pregnant women.
- Figs also increase sexual desire and promote overall longevity and good health.
It is ideal for people who suffer from diabetes, because its leaves contain high natural doses of insulin, which makes it a wonderful substitute for not having to receive this substance artificially.
Triglycerides are linked to heart disease and obesity, so it is an excellent choice regularly consume infusions of fig leaves to reduce these levels.
To treat ulcers with fig leaves, you just chewing a handful for a while and swallow the resulting juice.
Varieties of figs:
- Calimyrna fig ~ has a nut-like flavor and a golden skin.
- Mission fig ~ is a dark purple and eventually will turn black when sun dried.
- Kadota fig ~ is the American type fig, which is nearly seedless and most often dried and canned.
- Brown Turkey fig ~ is seen most of the time in the fresh fruit markets. This fig is copper colored, with small streaks of purple and a white flesh.
How to Make the Best Homemade Fig Leaf Tea
- Add three fig leaves in a pint of water.
- Boiled for fifteen minutes.
- Strain, serve it in a cup and ready.
You can drink this tea every morning and you’ll notice the results clearly.