You don’t see often recipe that is healthy, delicious and quick to prepare. This is perfect meal for people with gluten allergy intolerance and celiac disease.
Other benefits from this meal is that asparagus is highly nutritious vegetable full with vitamins and minerals like folic acid, potassium, vitamin A, B, C.
- 350 grams brown Rice Pasta
- 100 grams bacon (gluten free)
- 1 kg asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonal
- 50 grams green peas blanched 1 min. in boiling water, drained
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 2+ cups of the cooking water.
- In same pot, while the pasta remains in your colander, place oil (if desired) and bacon.
- Cook bacon till well warmed and beginning to brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and green peas ,stirring.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes till it wilts.
- Add back the pasta and as much of the pasta cooking water as you need to create a thin sauce on the pasta.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling with parmesan cheese as you wish.