Detox diet, a diet to cleanse the body of toxins, nowadays has become so popular and there are numerous diets of this kind.
Although it may vary, detox diets basically have the same principles.
You will find a lot suggestions and advertise but be aware for some rules that will help you to take maximum effects of this diets.
Basic principles of detox diets
• Consume more liquids
• Avoid coffee, alcohol, chocolate
• Eat more vegetables and fruits
• Eat more raw foods
• Prefer a vegetarian diet
• Avoid refined oil, white sugar, smooth flour, pasta, rice, potatoes, soybeans, margarine and processed foods
• Eat light foods – soups, steamed vegetables and others.
• Limit dairy products, cheese out
• If possible, use organic foods
• When cleaning must not be excessive exercise, recommended yoga and meditation, sauna, hot tubs and avoiding stress
• Consume herbal teas for detoxification
Herbal teas have long been used for treating, cleaning and improving the functioning of the organism. Teas are tasty and effective method of detoxification.
Which plants can be used for cleaning the body:
• Milk thistle (silybum marainum) helps the cleaning process, and it is very good for the liver;
• Greater burdock (Arctium lappa) gently cleanses the liver and blood;
• Curly Dock (Rumex crispus) improves nutrient absorption;
• Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is good for cleansing the skin, has diuretic properties;
• Red Root (Ceanothus americanus) stimulates the lymph nodes;
• Ginger (Zingiber officinale) improves circulation and digestion;
Plants that eliminate toxins:
Greater Burdock, Bark smooth elm, Blessed thistle, Watercress
• Plants that regulate PH:
Bark smooth elm
• Plants that reduce membrane’s permeability:
Bark smooth elm, Turkey rhubarb (Rheum palmatum), red clover (Trifolium pratense)
• Plants that complement the body of nutrients and antioxidants:
Turkey rhubarb, red clover, watercress, smooth bark elm, sheep sorrel (Rumex acetosella)
• Plants that establish the work of the immune system:
Kelp alga, echinacea, astragalus
• Plants that reduce cell destruction:
No matter what type of cleansing you choose, you should drink more herbal teas!