It’s a very healthy soup, incredible mix of ingredients that combine perfectly and is Vegan.
The recipe infuses the carrot with the deep flavors of ginger, coconut milk and butternut.
It will take a little more of your time to prepare it, approximately 1 hour, but worth every moment of waiting.
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 4 carrots, peeled and cut off
• 1 small white onion, peeled and cut off
• 1 minced garlic clove
• 3 tablespoons of diced and peeled fresh ginger
• 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
• 1 diced peeled apple
• 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
• 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
• 1 (12-ounce) can light coconut milk
• 1 diced peeled pear, for garnish
• 2 teaspoons minced chives, for garnish
• 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
♣Firstly in a 2-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook saute carrots and onions until become soft. Add next 4 ingredients (through apple); and cook saute until give off fragrant.
♣Then add broth and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil it gently. Leave it covered for 45 minutes or until vegetables soften.
♣Put the mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add coconut milk, and then add salt (to taste).
♣Finally garnish with diced pear and chives, if desired. Serve with 1 piece of bread.